Sunday, August 14, 2011

One less clown in the car

I just heard via C-SPAN that Tim Pawlenty has dropped out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination. I'm not sure if the proper response is relief or regret. Pawlenty never gained much traction, probably because he comes close to being sane. At this point in the competition, the loonier the candidate, the more the extremist wing of the Republican party seems to love that person. End result? Michele Bachmann won the Iowa straw poll.

5 comments:

  1. I'm thinking about becoming a far right believer. It seems like so much more....fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think a repuke will make it to the white house, but I'm not hopeful that whoever does make it there will be any better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well then, now there should be room for you in the car. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish a sane woman would run for President as an antidote to Michele and Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish a sane woman would run for President as an antidote to Michele and Sarah.

    Well, I only know one sane woman, and she isn't getting into politics.

    ReplyDelete

My space, my rules: play nice and keep it on topic.