Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

I say that without much enthusiasm. Christmas has never been on my list of favorite holidays. I associate the day too much with unrealistic expectations, crushing disappointments, family drama, and bad news in general. The ghosts of Christmas past include gems like the year the S.O.'s "bonus" from his employer was a pink slip.

Maybe it's the season, maybe it's the two funerals we've attended this month, or maybe it's just a generalized malaise triggered by the sad state of the nation, but I haven't felt much like posting lately. Here's hoping that now that the solstice is behind us and the days are getting longer again, the urge to write will return. Until then, happy holidays.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, damn right, here's to longer days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your summary of Christmas is too true for many people. Sad but true. Hope you have a happy holiday season and maybe, next year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw on the news; Christmas was too much for a family in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three things:
    1. Have a happy holidays - and if you can't get drunk.
    2. May the new year bring you good fortune.
    3. Uh...Uh...I forgot the third one.

    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had all my kids home so that was loud, crowded and exhausting - but great. Otherwise, I am with you and in hopes that 2012 will be a much better year for all of us.

    ReplyDelete

My space, my rules: play nice and keep it on topic.