Sunday, July 27, 2014

Vision problem solved

We've been working on enhancing the Guppy, tweaking it to make more comfortable for when we hit the road for a prolonged period of time. Yesterday the S.O. fixed my vision problem.
I can now see into the cabinets instead of just groping blindly and hoping I can find what I want by feel.

While he was playing around with scraps of wood, he also came up with this, a holder to keep stacked plates from sliding when the Guppy is moving.
And, yes, I plan to keep right on using real dishes regardless of where we are and what we're living in. When it's just the two of us, washing actual dishes is not that big a deal. 

4 comments:

  1. That won't work unless you put some foam between the plates to keep them from rising then crashing together when the RV hits bumps. That's one reason why most RV'ers end up with plastic plates and glasses as are typically seen in houses with toddlers. Picture the RV as a giant toddler throwing dishes around and yelling "NO!" and you'll see what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point. I'll have to see what we can scrounge up to serve as padding. I'd prefer to be able to use our surplus odds and ends of stoneware instead of investing in melamine plates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corrugated cardboard is good and usually readily available.
    Your husband has a good approach to vision issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rubberized cabinet liners are great for keeping things from sliding around during travel. I have even used it on the bottom of my tool box and other things to keep them in place in the bed of my truck.
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete

My space, my rules: play nice and keep it on topic.