Tuesday, October 25, 2016
Maybe I've accomplished more than I thought
I was wrong.
It appears I've been more productive than I thought. The "Cataloging Photos Used 2015" folder had close to 3,000 images in it. And that was just one of several dozen folders I wanted to copy. I ran out of time before I got everything cloned. I was surprised. I'm not sure why. Common sense says that if the Object ID numbers are up over 1,000 in a given year then there's got to be at least double that many images. I try to take at least one picture of everything that goes into PastPerfect, and, depending on the object, can take up to half a dozen. You know, one photo that gives an overall view of the widget and then close-ups of details like a trademark stamp or a particularly nifty piece of machining or stitchery. For sure I'll have a lot to work with when adding photos to the Adventures in Cataloging album on the Facebook page.
In any case, the downloading is only half done. I'll finish it tomorrow. I'll be spending most of the day at the museum making sure all the last minute stuff is done before we disappear over the horizon for a few months. I think it's actually close to done now, but if nothing else, tomorrow I might finally find the bottom of the second giant box of hats.
Today, however, a visit to the laundromat is on the agenda. Fun times.