Sunday, February 24, 2019

What's with the shroud?

Is it just me or is this not one of the odder decorating choices a person could make? This graphic shows up in IKEA ads on a regular basis. Maybe my mind moves in odd ways, but why would anyone want to hang the Shroud of Turin on their bedroom wall?

Okay, so it's not actually a shroud. Shrouds are more like those oversize fleeces with a hood that resemble the weird hybrid that would result if a blanket mated with a bathrobe, but this thing comes close. The hanging the garment, whatever it might be, so it looks like it's been crucified does not help. It's weird, just flat out weird.

Those Swedes are definitely strange people. I guess there are good reasons for Finns to make fun of them.

3 comments:

  1. Must be a real turnoff when having sex.
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no way I wouldn't wake up in the middle of the night, look up and think Agh! A ghost! about a hundred times a year.

    ReplyDelete

My space, my rules: play nice and keep it on topic.