Friday, October 14, 2011

Second chances

As I've gone through life, there have been a number of opportunities I've blown. Usually they're just gone, no do-overs, no mulligans. Last week, though, I experienced an exception:  a second visit to Hot Springs, a slight detour on the way from the Retirement Bunker to the Younger Daughter's domicile in east Texas so the S.O. could catch a quick glimpse of Hot Springs National Park and maybe understand why I always liked going there for work. The detour meant, of course, a second shot at the gift shop at the Alligator Farm:
Odd how not indulging in a cheap souvenir can eat at a person after a few weeks of noticing how empty the rear window shelf in the car looks without a bobblehead. I got a green one.

2 comments:

My space, my rules: play nice and keep it on topic.