Saturday, January 28, 2012

Will we ever sleep on flannel sheets again?

It's January. For at least the past ten years, the arrival of January has coincided with digging out the flannel sheets and adding another blanket to the bed. Not this year. We invested in a new wood-burning stove back in September. To say it works well is an understatement.

Before we left Atlanta, my co-workers seemed to delight in reminding me that "it's cold in Michigan." Well, there may be snow on the ground outside, but here in the house it's the warmest winter I've experienced in a long time.

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear you are staying warm.
    Winter has arrived here finally with temps around -20C (0F). We have the gas turned up and both electric heaters on. Walls 18" thick masonry but no insulating value.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wood stoves are amazing. I can remember at my Dad's house with the wood stove, having to open doors and windows in the dead of winter, just to cool down!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well there you go, but summer or winter I still prefer flannel sheets.

    ReplyDelete

My space, my rules: play nice and keep it on topic.