Thursday, December 12, 2013

I know the feeling

I keep hearing the northern lights can be spectacular up here on tundra. I think in our many years of living here off and on, I've seen them maybe once. Whenever I hear a prediction they're going to be really good, it's a given it's going to snow that night.

Of course, the same thing happens every time there's supposed to be a meteor shower. One of my friends who lives out in Nevada always raves about the Perseid meteor shower. Every year I mark the calendar, and every year when I've been living where light pollution isn't an issue it rains.

2 comments:

  1. The U.P. is great for the night time shows! You need to fly up to Cold Bay or better yet do Isle Royal.


    Sarge

    ReplyDelete
  2. The aurora was beautiful in arctic Alaska at fifty below zero: I would step out of the house - look up - and say "yeah - nice" and then run back inside.
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete

My space, my rules: play nice and keep it on topic.