Monday, August 15, 2016

Bring on the crochet hook

It's cataract couching time. I've lost two lines on the eye chart and there is apparently something unpleasant parked dead center in the lens of my right eye. The ophthalmologist played around with different lens strength combinations and nothing got me lower down the chart. Things have indeed slid past the point where new glasses would make a difference.

Lovely.

The left eye, however, appears stable. No real changes since a year ago so it's possible the slice and pulverize will be limited to just one side. In any case, I see the surgeon next month, and the actual procedure will be in October. I do have this sinking feeling it will be done at the Marquette hospital, a facility that's been scoring in the low D's on quality lately.

Oh well. I'll survive. Or at least I'm going to assume I'll survive -- the alternative would be messy for the S.O. to deal with. 

I did toy with the idea of waiting until next Spring to deal with it, but when Dr. Bauer said the one sitting in the right eye hadn't been there a year ago and is apparently growing fast procrastination did not seem like a good plan. If we play tourist while we're snowbirds it would be nice to actually be able to see the Grand Canyon and not just have a vague impression of a big hole in the ground.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, I always figured that they were something on the surface of the eye. Helen had hers done in her middle eighties they helped her. How do they numb the eye when they work on it?

    ReplyDelete

My space, my rules: play nice and keep it on topic.