Sunday, June 25, 2017

Time to build an ark?

I don't know if it's been raining more than usual lately, but I do wish we'd get a long enough break between the deluges for things to dry out enough for the S.O. to mow. It's getting to where instead of the bagger he should be dragging a baler behind the mower. We have a lot of area to mow, and most of it needs it now.

I was thinking we'd manage to get some yardwork done this weekend. A few days ago the long range forecast was showing today as partly cloudy and tomorrow as actually clear and sunny. Now today is something like 80 percent chance of rain and tomorrow is partly cloudy and looking ominous. So is Tuesday. And Wednesday. I shouldn't complain. Rain and temperatures in the low 60s definitely beats the day after day of temps well over 100 the Southwest is experiencing, but it would be nice if it stayed sunny long enough for things to dry out enough for it to be safe to use the electric weed whacker.


2 comments:

  1. It is the same thing here. Rain frequently enough that it is hard to get summer maintenance started. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it rains a fair amount here mold starts growing on the plants.

    ReplyDelete

My space, my rules: play nice and keep it on topic.