Thursday, January 2, 2020

Adventures in gastronomy

Hardee's has a buy one, get one free deal going for the Beyond Meat Thickburger so the S.O. and I tried it today. It's been a while since my last trip to a Hardee's, but I'd swear the faux meat tasted better than what they claimed in the past was the real thing. Then again, there is a reason it had been quite awhile since our last visit to a Hardee's.

They're doing a sausage patty with faux meat, too, but I have no desire to ever try that. I figure one fake meat patty in the interest of research is enough not just for now but indefinitely.

The S.O. said that to him the Beyond Meat patty was rather flavorless. I didn't see the problem. So are the real beef ones Hardee's serves so flavor is kind of irrelevant. I was more interested in texture and how close the patty came to masquerading as a regular fast food burger. It passed that test, but considering just how bad the typical fast food burger is that's not saying much. Damned with faint praise?

In the good news part of the experience, the fries were better than I remembered.

2 comments:

  1. Don't have a Hardee's here or maybe I would try one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a meat craving - eat meat. Eating fake meat is like drinking non-alcoholic beer or smoking vapor cigarettes - either enjoy what you are doing or don't do it.
    You only go through once so why fake it.
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete

My space, my rules: play nice and keep it on topic.