Friday, May 28, 2021

I'm sorry. Can't fix stupid

Feeling amused by the thin skin of Trump supporters. The S.O. left a comment on a post on Baraga County Shit for Sale that including a prominent Trump 2020 banner in a photo advertising a used truck was a good way to lose a lot of potential buyers. He didn't spell it out, but common sense in any sales tactic is keep your politics to yourself -- when you're trying to sell something you don't advertise ideologies, red, blue or whatever. The only thing that's important is the green -- the color of money.

Anyway, as one might expect, a comment thread dominated by Trump supporters materialized pretty quickly, all cheerfully proving that the typical MAGAt did indeed crawl out of the shallow end of the gene pool. Lots and lots of bashing liberals, Biden, and the S.O. After about a dozen comments from butt-hurt MAGAts the S.O. tossed some kerosene on to the fire by noting that "I knew my comment would bring out the losers. Thanks for not disappointing."

Which actually wasn't what the original comment was intended to do. He simply pointed out the Trump banner was a turn-off for some people. But if it had the effect of triggering hurt feelings in a bunch of right-wing snowflakes, I guess that's an unintended consequence he's happy to live with.

3 comments:

  1. Love it. A great way to entertain oneself is trolling either Tumpanzies or the over serious Politically Correct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. My best friend, I consider my little brother, and his wife are fanatical Trump supporters. I can't talk to them - there is this divide between us that disrupts sixty years of comradery.
    When I post in the local paper, the comments are never about my post, but a personal attack and a tirade of MAGA nonsense.
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing sets up a good for me now better than pissing off a Winger. sadly, it has become boring to some degree. It is too easy to set them off.

    ReplyDelete

My space, my rules: play nice and keep it on topic.