Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Proof Winter won't last forever

This was in the mailbox yesterday:


A Shumway's catalog actually arrived last week, which amused me no end -- Winter hadn't even officially arrived yet, and the seed companies were looking forward to Spring.  I loved getting seed catalogs when we lived up north where it's good to have reminders it's not going to 20 below with six feet of snow on the ground forever.  Here I don't need that psychological boost quite as much, but they're still fun to read.  I always fantasize about having an amazing garden up on the tundra -- one of these years it may actually happen.  And I really love the Shumway catalog with its drawings instead of photos.  It's like instant time travel back to the 19th century:


1 comment:

  1. Funny- we got our first seed catalog this week, too, and I was thinking along much the same "harbinger of spring" lines.

    ReplyDelete

My space, my rules: play nice and keep it on topic.