Sunday, December 26, 2021

The road to Hell

The year is almost over, and as usual things did not go as planned. Or hoped for. I started off with every intention of doing more with this blog, writing more, being generally more ambitious. I set a reasonable goal: do more posts than I did in 2020. Translation: do at least 39 posts between January 1 and December 31. 

At this point, I don't think it's going to happen. Granted, I'm a mere four posts short of achieving that goal, but if I couldn't manage to write four posts a month for the past 11 and a half months what are the odds I'll crank out four in six days? 

In my defense, I was doing good until Summer happened. Once the weather turned decent I definitely lost interest in thinking. Or writing. Not that the two always go hand in hand. 

Maybe I'll do better in 2022. And maybe pigs will fly. Stranger things have happened.

4 comments:

  1. Writing a post every week is hard. Inspiration is sometimes lacking and is usually of the last minute variety. Don't beat yourself. I have enjoyed the ones you have written and always look for them.
    Happy New year to you and Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life's best when "I don't promise anything!"
    ....not even to oneself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thinking is way over rated. ydg is at old blog west bygoddesstexas. renamed yellowdog granny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do Manic Blogging so I can't relate... I always have worthless mindless things to write about and photograph. Good Luck in 2022 if you really do want to do better? I am enjoying your Blog and just found it, so I'm rooting for ya.

    ReplyDelete

My space, my rules: play nice and keep it on topic.