Monday, April 7, 2008

Spring in Georgia

Okay, the dogwoods are pretty, the azaleas are gorgeous, and I kind of like the wisteria that's climbing all over the trees along Peachtree Creek, but all that color definitely comes with a price:

That's not a paint stain in the parking lot. It's pollen. Our truck is no longer white -- it's yellow. So is everything else in DeKalb County. When I did an ATM withdrawal on Friday I think the bills came out of the machine coated with pollen. You can see pollen drifting in clouds in the air. I thought the rain this weekend would help, but apparently not -- according to the AJC today's pollen count is 1705. Anything over 61 is not good. Pretty soon they'll have to stop counting individual pollen grains in a cubic meter of air and just go straight to giving us the count in inches on the ground.

I guess the good news is that I'm pretty sure I don't have any allergies -- at least not to sweet gum, birch, pine, oak, dogwoods, azaleas, cherry, redbud, box elder, wisteria, . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

My space, my rules: play nice and keep it on topic.