Monday, June 7, 2010

The quintessential cheesehead

Cheese in one hand, kielbasa in the other, and standing next to a place that sells beer.  The only thing missing is a Packers tee-shirt.  Like so many other oversized fiberglass dudes, he was born in Sparta, Wisconsin, a relative of Muffler Men and Happy Chefs, if not quite cast from the same mold.  I could not tell year of birth as the ID plate on the back of his leg has been painted over one too many times.

Located near the interchange for Interstates I-90/94 and I-39 on state highway 78 on the way to the Merrimac ferry. Photos taken May 26, 2010.

1 comment:

  1. im surprised the cheese isn't on his head..we have big tex at the state fair..make your cheese guy look like a midget..ha

    ReplyDelete

My space, my rules: play nice and keep it on topic.