Saturday, May 3, 2008

Happy birthday to me


Happy birthday to me, and my cousin Waino, and my friend Ann. We were all born on the same day in the same year in what now feels like long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away. I'm on one end in the back row in the photo, Waino's on the other end, and we were definitely a whole lot younger then. (I've stayed quite young; Waino's gotten really, really old.)

This is one of those birthdays that gets referred to as the "big [number I'd rather not think about] 0." Naturally, just about every greeting I've received has had that number emblazoned on it, front and center, including the card my mother sent. Ever notice how it doesn't start turning into the big whatever until it's associated with becoming older than dirt? It's not the "big 2-0" when a person turns 20, and for sure it's not the "big 1-0" when you hit ten.

Oh well, no matter how a person feels about aging, it does beat the alternative.

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!

    May there be much merriment and debauchery in celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday...send me your email address and will send you a note from the universe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Nan. Looking forward to seeing you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it was a great one! this is a wonderful month to have a birthday!

    ReplyDelete

My space, my rules: play nice and keep it on topic.