I got tagged.
1. Link to the person who tagged you. Done
2. Post the rules on your blog. Done
3. Write six random things about yourself. See below.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them. Not going to happen -- it would be a violation of professional ethics. These memes are too infectious, and I work for a Large Nameless Agency dedicated to preventing contagion. (Besides, just about everyone I think would be likely to do it has already been hit at least once this week. I'm like the last kid in class to catch the flu, the poor sap who is home sick the day after the big exam.)
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog. See above.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up. Done
Six random things about me:
1. I am a former Baraga County Fair Homemaker of the Year and have a plaque to prove it.
2. I'm terrified of water and never learned to swim, thanks to my asshole cousin Jim tossing me out of a boat at Camp Nesbit when I was in about 5th grade. He was a believer in the "sink or swim" method. I sank.
3. My first (and still favorite) car was a 1973 Scamp. I paid $300 for it in grad school, then put over 100,000 miles on it before a part gave out that would have cost more to replace than the car was worth. I still miss it.
4. I used to love caving. Gave it up about the same time I stopped being able to crawl through a chimney block. I still like visiting caves as a tourist, but walking through a developed cave on a lighted path doesn't come close to being as much fun as crawling through spaces that only get a handful of visitors in a year.
5. I like to garden, but am not particularly good at it. The only vegetables I can be sure of growing with any success are green beans and potatoes.
6. Since achieving adulthood (chronologically if not necessarily mentally), I've had at least two dozen different jobs, everything from power sewing machine operator to newspaper reporter. The only employer I've regretted leaving was the National Park Service.