Thursday, January 22, 2009

Blog for Choice Day


Dropped by Shakesville and was reminded it's Blog for Choice Day. This year's topic: What is your top pro-choice hope for President Obama and/or the new Congress?
My top pro-choice hope for President Obama is that he'll issue an executive order immediately nullifying the conscience clause issued by Health and Human Services that allows health care providers to deny contraception to patients based on the health care providers' personal religious beliefs and prejudices. I would also like to see him support federal legislation that would prevent states from allowing conscience clauses within their boundaries. If a person does not want to be in a position of dispensing contraception or discussing medical options such as abortion, then he or she should not enter an occupational field that may require those activities.

2 comments:

  1. i just want equal rights for all americans..white/black or gay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Nan. I can't tell my bosses that I won't lobby against my personal beliefs if I'm working in a job that requires that I do so. They would fire me.

    ReplyDelete

My space, my rules: play nice and keep it on topic.